Wouldn’t it be absolutely amazing to have it all; a great career, exciting social life, devoted boyfriend, etc. Usually, we don’t get all three, and when we do have it good, some things come at a price. Life is often a series of compromises. That said, it is possible to work hard and play hard if you make a few sensible choices.
- A Strict Beauty Regime
One of the great paradoxes is that the things we do to improve our appearance often have a detrimental effect on our looks in the long run. Hair straighteners, makeup, tanning, we’re talking about you. When you lead a busy life at work and enjoy fun nights out, all that primping and getting glammed up takes it toll on your hair and skin. So it’s necessary to counteract this with a strict beauty regimen.
- Remove all your makeup every night without fail.
- Cleanse, tone, and moisturise each day and use professional products such as Elizabeth Arden PRO. Find beauty products to suit your skin type.
- To top up your regular routine, arrange additional treatments as needed.
- Wash and condition your hair regularly, depending on your hair type. If you straighten, dye or blow dry your hair regularly, apply frequent deep conditioning treatments.
- Keep your hair in tip top condition with regular trims.
- Fuel And Hydrate
If you’re enjoying spending your time between the office and the bar, it’s necessary to counteract this with a healthy diet. Go easy on the alcohol. Try a few alcohol-free nights and on other occasions, intersperse your alcoholic drinks with soft drinks.
Opt for a balanced diet by eating a variety of food and make sure you get your five a day. Hydrate your body by drinking enough fluids throughout the day. Tea and coffee don’t count.
- Relax And Replenish
No-one can maintain a party lifestyle night after night. It may last for a while, but at some point, you’re going to burn out. This can lead to the following:
- A reduced immune system and a greater likelihood of contracting colds, viruses, and other bugs.
- Dull, dry, or blemished skin.
- Dry or damaged hair.
- Feeling irritable and tired all the time.
- Diminished productivity.
- Lack of focus and concentration.
To avoid this, plan a significant amount of time each week to relax and unwind. This means allowing your body time to recover. There are lots of ways you can go about this, such as watching Netflix, taking a long hot bath, pamper nights, reading, arts and crafts, etc. Find the thing that you enjoy that also helps you to relax.
Often when we base our lives around socialising and having fun, other areas can falter. So it’s important to be clear about what we want in our lives, both in the short and long term. This may be advancement at work, time with family and friends, travel, etc. Whatever it is, this will be different for everyone. But don’t take these things for granted. Prioritise and ensure you allow time to do all of the things you want to do.
It is possible to work hard and play hard. All it takes is a little bit of planning, prioritising, and some sensible choices.