Hey my loves!
Today’s post is a little different!
It’s all about Online Dating. I know what you’re thinking. Abbey?! This is a beauty blog. But i feel like writing a few posts about Dating and relationships. After all Little Beauty Blog XO is a Beauty / Fashion and lifestyle blog. I hope you enjoy reading this post!
Online dating can be an amazing outlet for meeting a loved one, It can open the door for some amazing opportunities and precious memories to be made. But it can also be a little ugly and not so good. In this post I will give my pointers for online dating and how to make the most out of your experience online.
- Be yourself – It’s important to convey who you really are. Be honest in your bio. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not. It will never end well when you’re on a date and they’re asking your interests and you have no idea what to say. So be honest, be yourself and don’t ever change. You’re amazing for who you are.
- Have a decent profile photo – The first thing someone will notice when looking through your profile is your pictures, they want to see you, not a picture of you and friends where they’re struggling to make out which one you are. Smile, portray who you are and what makes you special. For example I love makeup so my picture would be me wearing my best makeup look I’ve ever created. Or if you love the beach, have your photo of you at the beach. Get my drift?
- Be safe – It’s important to be safe when using online dating services. You don’t know who you’re talking to or what their intentions are. You can usually tell a fake account when you see one, Their picture will look like something of google or they might not have a picture at all. Be savvy, talk to people who look genuine and have more than one picture. Online dating is ideally for 18 years and older. Don’t go on dating sites underage, stay safe! Let someone know where you’re meeting them and when. Meet somewhere public where a lot of people are around.
- Have an interesting bio. It’s what will attract them to messaging you. They want to know your interests and intentions. For example:
Hey there! My names Abbey and I’m a country kinda gal. I’m looking for a happy, loving relationship. I love long walks on the beach and spending time with my wonderful friends and family. I love all things makeup and Beauty. There’s never a dull moment when I’m around, I’m bubbly and always joking. I love banter.
5. Enjoy it- Dating is a fun thing to do, it can lead to some wonderful outcomes. Maybe even meeting the love of your life who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. But just take each day as it comes. Don’t be too forward and wanting more too quickly. Love can’t be rushed and it can’t be forced. Enjoy living in the moment. And learn from your mistakes, not every date will be a success. I’ve defiantly learnt my mistakes in the past and i’ve also cherished some amazing memories with some amazing people. And most importantly be safe!
Here’s some dating site links!