2017 is here and i’m all geared up for the year ahead. There’s something motivational about the New Year, it always gets me thinking about the future and how i can improve my life. I don’t know about you but the feeling that you can achieve anything you put your mind to is simply amazing. Now i know that not everyone likes setting goals because it hurts like a bitch when you don’t achieve them. That’s why i don’t call them resolutions because it can be ‘cliche’ and a lot of people just hate the phrase ‘new year new me’ It’s become some what ‘stereo typical’ I personally don’t agree, if you want to inspire yourself then go for it!
- Lose weight – I’ve been on a downward spiral for a couple of years now, my medication causes weight gain and i’ve just sat back and used that excuse whilst pigging out on mcdonalds. Not anymore. I’m a week into my healthy eating and exercise regime and i’ve already lost 5 pounds, even more motivation to carry on. I can do this!
- Get to round 12 on Charlotte Crosby’s 3 Minute Belly Blitz. – As simple as this sounds let me reassure you that this DVD is a killer. I can barely get to round 5 at the minute because i’m so unhealthy. I’m determined to complete the whole DVD as soon as possible.
- Cut out the takeaways, especially Mcdonalds – Last year i was seriously addicted to takeaways. There was a point where i was having a takeaway every day. Mainly Mcdonalds because it is so quick and i live right by one. So this year i’m cutting it out of my life. Okay that’s a slight lie, i’m bound to treat myself once in a while but not as much as i have done in the past.
- Get a breast reduction – This one is a long shot, whether i manage to pull this off or not is a different story. I’ve got a lot of saving to do and 2 stone to lose. Let’s hope i can do this!
- Go on holiday somewhere sunny – I’ve had serious wonderlust recently and i’m so eager to go on a nice break. I’m so determined to make this a reality. Might take my mum for a girly trip.
- Learn to love myself – My confidence is so low at the minute. I feel sluggish and my skin is breaking out worse than it ever has. It’s always important to have self love so it’s my mission to learn to love my flaws and everything in between.
- Learn to be more positive – One thing i’m not is positive (usually) I see the negatives more, so i’m gonna look on the brighter side of life and always think that it could be a whole lot worse. I’m gonna be grateful for life, whSee at i have and my friends and family.
- Become a better cook – My culinary skills are limited to say the least, this year i would like to work on that and be a little more adventurous. I’ve already cut out ready meals so i have tom prepare my food from fresh.
- See more of my family and friends – I don’t make enough effort to see all my loved ones which i think i should so this year i’m gonna put a lot more effort in to see them more often. For example my best friend lives 30 miles away and i rarely see her, i’m gonna travel down to her a lot more this year because i miss her so much.
- Live life to the fullest – This one is the most important one for me, life is too short to not do what makes you happy. A quote i love is ‘in order to win the race, you’ve gotta be in the race’ – Mean girls 2
What’s your goals for this year? I’d love to know!