Hey there lovelies,
It’s that month we all find the slowest, the month after christmas. All decorations are boxed up and back in the attic. The nice break over the holidays is over, it’s back to work/school/university. The weathers dull and let’s be honest its a bit of a bleak month.
I don’t know about you guys but i’m definitely feeling the January blues. My motivation needs a boost. I have a few tips for picking yourself up this month.
- God dam it girl get out in that fresh air. I am definitaly guilty of this one. i tend to stay indoors curtains closed hibernating until the dull weather and lack of energy goes away. But come on let’s get motivated! Open those curtains, open the window and let that wonderful air in. Go for a walk on the beach or in the park. It will boost your energy and make you feel so much better.
- Have a early spring clean, get rid of unwanted junk. In with the new, out with the old. It’s pointless keeping loads of junk you don’t use or have seen better days. Give unwanted clothes and decor etc to the charity shop. Tidy the home, have a move around. Whatever makes you feel better. It feels so rewarding afterwards.The environment your living in has a huge impact on your mood. Those crazy nights out are fun but finding takeaway wrappers and drinks all around the house isn’t. Clear up and feel fab!
- Plan a few fun things to do this year. It’s always fun to sit down with a notebook and pen and jot down some amazing things you plan to do this year. I plan to go on holiday with my fiancé to somewhere nice and sunny. Go to a festival, spend summer nights at the beach and have a few awesome date nights. Basically just something to look forward to! Make this year the best year!
- Revamp your style. Lets try something new this year. Something we have done before. Whether its going a different hair colour or wearing a shade of lipstick you never usually do. Explore your style and what looks great on you. I am going to start wearing a few clothes i usually wouldn’t tend to go for. Like jeans and denim jackets. I’m also going to start wearing nail varnish more. Have fun with it!
- Set a few goals. Now i know i’ve already talked about the cliche of new year resolutions before and setting goals within reach.So why not set a few resolutions which you can achieve. Mine is to eat a piece of fruit a day and do 50 sit-ups daily.
- Get a piggy bank. Start saving for the fab year ahead! whenever you have some change here and there, save it for a rainy day or shopping fund etc!
- Have a pamper. Everyone needs some ‘me’ time. Get out the bubble bath, have a face mask and unwind, girl you deserve it!
- Enjoy life, be free and make memories!
I hope these tips help you this month and let me know what you think!
Lots of love,
P.s: Please note i don’t own the rights of these images.