Hey there my loves
First of all apologies for no post yesterday. My schedule for yesterday was a makeup look and lately my skin has broken out so bad. I’m not too sure why but gosh i’ve had breakouts worse than ever. I have eaten a lot of dairy which could have caused it, but i have been wearing no makeup to try and help it. I hate putting makeup over really painful, under the skin spots. They are definitely the worst type! I’ve also decided to start posting every other day as it will work better for me.
Anyway, todays post isn’t about makeup, beauty etc. It’s something i feel every blogger or someone wanting to start a blog needs to know. Please note this isn’t a set guideline or a rulebook of do’s and do nots. It is simply me giving my advice and what i find works for me.
- Plan what your blog is going to be about – Before i started up my blog i planned what it was I’m going to base it on. So for me it was makeup. I decided what type of articles i’d post about, how often i would like to post, what the content would include, e.g: Reviews, hauls, tutorials, lifestyle etc. It just gave me a rough idea of what i was doing.
- Creating a blog name: – You’re blog name is what defines you, it’s what your known as in the blogesphere and how everyone recognises you. It’s what makes your blog yours. It is good for your name to be catchy, unique and just represents what you’re about or your personality. My last name is little so i chose littlebeautyblogxo, i liked the hugs and kisses (xo) because i’m a very friendly, kind and always put xo at the end of my messages to friends.
- Take pride in your blog – I find it important to take pride in what i do. By this i mean how i present my webpage, the design and content etc. I do not rush a blog post or re designing my page. I take my time to ensure that my posts are clear, punctual and the layout is how i like it.
- Proof read – The previous one is also part of this one really and that’s to go over what you’ve wrote to make sure you’ve made no mistakes are mis-spelt something. We all do it, me especially. Sometimes i type too fast and add extra letters!
- Respond to your followers/ comments – I think it is important to reply to comments. If somebody has enjoyed your post and commented then be thankful, it is nice to get a reply and i’d expect others to do the same. You’re readers/followers are whats most important. They are the people who support your blog and love what you do.
- Rome wasn’t built in a day – Nobody becomes an online sensation over night. It takes dedication and effort. If you put the effort in you will see results. follow other blogs you like, show support. If you see a post on someones blog you love, then comment and let them know! Be consistent, keep your readers interested and don’t get disheartened if you don’t have many views, the key thing is to carry on and not give up. Some days i felt like giving up but thats not the answer. Because rome was definitely not built in a day.
- You will always get mixed views – Not everyone will love your blog, unfortunately like instagram or youtube you might get one or two negative comments. I believe you can’t please everyone. Don’t be upset if you do. Remember no blog goes without an occasional negative comment. Especially on youtube. Next time you’re watching a makeup tutorial check the comments. Usually theres one person who never has anything nice to say. Forget that, its not worth the upset.
- There will be good days and bad days – This is completely normal! i get days when my views are a little on the low side. Not every day will be the same. This does help you decide what posts are good and you should post more along that line and which ones are not as popular and stay clear of those. It will help finding out which days are best to post and what time.
- Writers block is real! – I never believed in writers block until i started blogging. I get days when i can’t think what to write or how to word it. Which goes onto n0.10
- Keep a schedule – Keeping a diary of what you are going to post in advance has helped me so much. It means you know what you’re writing about and come on, being organised is always helpful. (something I’m usually not)
And last of all, have fun! Love what you do and remember why you started! I enjoy blogging so much but yes i do get days where i don’t have the energy to write posts. Thats perfectly okay! You don’t have to blog every single day. Your blog works around you, if you can only post once a week then thats fine, do that. Enjoy it!
As always i love to hear from you, let me know what your tips are!
Lots of love,