My life mainly never goes to planned, that’s normal for a lot of people. For me it’s because of my anxiety and mental health. It causes me a whole tonne of stress and i often find myself needing a distraction, something to calm me down and make me feel human again. It’s perfectly normal (although quite shit) to feel stressed, uneasy or just a bit under the weather. The important thing is how you calm yourself down and that’s what this blog post is all about. My little tips and ways to de-stress and feel better again.
- Watch your fave film and snuggle up with a blanket / duvet. – This is my main way i cope with things. There’s nothing better than getting all cosy in your jammies, snug as a bug and watching a film that gives you a real feel good factor. My personal fave is Walking On Sunshine, it makes me so happy and warm inside every time without fail.
- Go for a walk – Whenever i feel rubbish i like to go to the beach and clear my head. There’s something about the peacefulness and tranquillity that really makes me feel more alive. My fave time to go is when the suns just about to set but any time is a good time. I like to take a few snaps to remember the beautiful views. If you don’t live near a beach then walk somewhere else, maybe a tarka trail or around the park. Anywhere that makes you feel happy.
- Have a real good pamper sesh – Who doesn’t love a good pamper sesh right?! I know it makes me feel 10/10. My ultimate pamper night includes a long hot bubble bath, a nice face mask, full body exfoliation and moisturise and putting on my fave onesie. I like to play some feel good music too. Or if it’s before bed something calming and relaxing.
- RETAIL THERAPY – This one is something i don’t get to do very often because sadly i don’t have a big deal of money. But once in a blue moon when things just don’t seem to be going right i will go to my nearest town and do some well deserved retail therapy. It’s the best kind of therapy right? I like to myself a new item of clothing to feel good in, something pretty for my home like a candle or room diffuser, an item of makeup to make me feel fab and something to give my skin a little love. Basically all things that will make me look and feel amazing.
- Read a magazine / book / blogs – Personally i’m not much of a book reader but i do like to read Cosmopolitan or Glamour to chill. I also love reading other blogs, it’s an amazing way to de stress. There’s so many amazing bloggers out there too. Support each other girl!
Hope these little tips help a girl out!