In life we have challenges we face on a day to day basis. We set our own goals in life, if we want to achieve something we work for it, if we don’t want want something we drop it. Todays post is a 5 steps towards a happier life. When i say this i don’t mean do this and you will be happy. But simply a few tips to motivate you. I have days where i need a little pick me up and I’m pretty sure you do to right? If that sounds like you then keep on reading and release the inner namaste within us all!
- Drink water – As simple as that sounds, hydration is beneficial in many ways. The main one is obviously preventing dehydration. Which can show in your mood and your skin. Keeping up your water levels detoxes the skin, giving you that beautiful clear glowing complexion. And if i’m honest, it uplifts your mood completely. Feeling sluggish and drinking coke is a habit i fall into way to much. Look after yourself girl!
- Eat healthy- Again being healthy impacts your health in so many ways. I will admit I’m guilty of neglecting this step. I’m addicted to fast food and i don’t think i could ever break away from a good cheeseburger. But.. i try to balance my unhealthy addiction with foods like fresh fruit, honey and natural yoghurt and smoked salmon. My weight has gone up in the last year and i will openly admit i need to improve on this step, but hey i’m slowly getting there.
- Exercise, no i didn’t say extra fries. Even though i was thinking it! Exercising boosts your mood, improves health and is good for you in general. Wether its walking, swimming going to the local gym anything is better than nothing. I like to go on my stationary bike for 30-40 minutes every other day and do zumba. You’d actually be surprised at what counts as daily exercise. Taking the stairs instead of the lift, walking to work, dancing in the shower (i’m guilty of this) It all counts.
- Write a bucket list, i’ve done this quite a few times. I find it so exciting to plan what you want to do in the future. whether its travelling or skydiving. Have goals, be creative Theres nothing wrong with looking excited to your future. Live every moment like its your last, don’t dwell on what can’t be changed. Be young, be free.
- BE HAPPY. Nothing will make you happier than being happy. I’m not sure that makes sense but trust me it works. Whatever life throws at you, simply smile. Breathe and relax. (Meditation helps with that also) Bumped in a 6th step there! Find your inner self, take in your surrounding and be around those you love.
So i hope you enjoyed this little post. I thought i’d share with you a few things to pick yourself up. After all i love to know that you’re all happy! Comment any things you do to make yourself a happier, healthier person. I love to hear from you!
Lots of love,