So i’m currently super excited for Sunday to come because it’s my Birrrthdaaaaay! Not just any birthday though, I’m gonna be 21! I can’t believe I’ve got so old. I wish i could be 15 again not gonna lie. Life was so stress free and i didn’t have bills to pay which obviously makes life better! But it’s about time i grow up haha!
Anyway, that got me thinking about what I’ve learnt in life as i have grown older. Which lead me to writing this post for you.
- Parents are always right, let’s face it! When they give us advice and we rebel, we soon learn that they were right! When my parents told me i needed to learn about bills and tax etc i was having none of it. Now i’m still pretty clueless. You were right dad!
- It’s okay to not be okay, We all have down days which is totally cool. Without them we wouldn’t appreciate the good days!
- Even if we spend £100 on clothes online, £3.99 delivery is not acceptable, It has to be said. That’s the kind of person i am, will spend a fortune but delivery charges? Hell no.
- Footloose will always be the best film of all time, I was watching it again last night and dancing along. Who doesn’t love Footloose? Right?
- Some friends won’t be in your life forever, I remember celebrating my 16th birthday with my old best friend and it was amazing. Now we never talk. It sucks but i guess that’s just life. We outgrow some people. If you’re reading this i miss you!
- Appreciate your loved ones dearly, Last year i lost some very important people and it made me realise how precious your loved ones are. They won’t be around forever so cherish them with all you’ve got.
- You will always overcome a bad breakup, I know i have had plenty and some of them have been pretty ugly. Crying whilst watching Bridget Jones has been done several times! But i got over those bad break ups and now i’m happy with the love of my life.
- On that note, everything happens for a reason, If something’s meant to be it will be. I’m a strong believer in fate. If something hasn’t gone right for you it is because something better is around the corner.
- Embrace those bad pictures of you – Life’s too short to worry about that bad upload your friends put up from Friday night. People know you’re gorgeous in real life!
- Make the most of your time living at home, When you move out it’s so hard not having mum and dad around to cook you food and keep you on track. Cherish those times, they don’t last forever.
- Being kind is important, It makes the world a lot better place let’s be honest!
- Don’t forget to embrace the memories as well as capturing them, It’s always a good idea to capture your memories but make sure your’e living them too.
- It’s okay to eat the whole Mcdonalds menu, Obviously not all the time but embrace cheat day. That’s okay!
- True friendship is precious, I value my best friend so much, she’s my partner in crime and i wouldn’t be who i am without her. Zoe i love you!
- People don’t care whether you’re wearing makeup or not, I spent too long worrying about what people thought about the natural me. Why the hell should i care? If you can’t handle me without then you sure as hell can’t handle me at my Beyonce.
- Music is important, Whenever i feel rubbish a real good pick me up song will always make me feel 10x better. It heals the soul.
- You can find happiness in the littlest of things, whether it’s the sun shining in the morning or your friend being silly. It’s the little things that count.
- Stress will seriously deteriorate your life, I’ve had a lot of it too, it’s important to let go, breathe and look after yourself.
- Trust your gut, You know if something feels right or not. Always go with your gut instinct
- Treat others how you’d wanna be treated yourself, Something my mama taught me as a little girl. If you wouldn’t wanna be treated the way you’re treating someone else then don’t do it.
- BE HAPPY, Life is too short, eat the cake, dance all night and always believe in yourself!