Blogging is hard work, it’s also incredibly enjoyable. I’ve been blogging for like, 8 months and i wouldn’t change a single thing. It’s like a journey, the outcome will be simply beautiful. Over this period of times i’ve learnt so many new things. The good, the bad and the ugly. I really want to talk about what i’ve learnt from my time blogging.
- Going shopping becomes, ‘oooh that lipstick would make a great review post’ or ‘Now that would make a great prop for my photos’ And before i know it i’ve spent a tonne of money on makeup, candles, fairy lights, homeware etc.
- Following number 1, you’ll end up with a tonne of beauty products and storage will begin to become an issue. Where do i fit all this stuff?!
- Lighting is your bff, every photo you take needs fab lighting for a Instagram worthy flat lay or selfie. Taking photos near the window in the prime of daylight will become a regular thing.
- Following number 3, your phone / camera will be full of photos. From photos of products, flat lays and selfies. There will be a lot of them, despite the fact you’ll probably only use about 3 – 5 of them.
- Photos are the base of all posts. Detailed writing is important obviously, but adding a good quality photo just maximises the capability of your blog post. Photos are literally everything.
- There’s always gonna be negativity. Whether it’s on social media or on your blog. There will always be someone who has nothing nice to say and unfortunately we can change that, all we can do is rise above it even when it hurts. It’s not nice and it never will be.
- Twitter is your best friend. When it comes to sharing your content for more exposure, twitter is your fave. It has the highest amount of exposure out of them all for me. It’s important to get your blog out there and more known to people.
- Instagram is also up there with twitter. I have a account for my blog on insta because it’s so much more easier. Keeping my personal account separate is important for me. Some people just use their personal, if that works for them then it’s fab.
- You get majorly excited about new beauty launches. From the new Benefit Brow Range to the latest ABH highlighter, you’re drooling over your laptop in anticipation. *Not literally*
- It’s not easy, nothing in life is. Otherwise it wouldn’t be as worthwhile. Work hard, play harder. Blogging takes commitment, if you’re a blogger then seriously, be proud of yourself. You’re doing an amazing job.
- It’s the most rewarding thing ever. I learn new skills every day, *My english grammar is getting pretty fab now tbh* But seriously it’s one of the most rewarding hobbies to have. Have fun, enjoy what you do and never take it too seriously. Make new friends, find new fave trends and love every moment.
Let me know what you’ve learnt from blogging?