So last night i was recently using my little tin of vaseline on my lips before bed like always and i had a realisation, I use this stuff a lot, and i mean a lot. Where would i even be without it now that i’ve learnt little tips and tricks involving it?! So on that thought i started planning todays post which is 10 vaseline beauty hacks that will absolutely blow the mind. Kind of make you think ‘why did i not think about it’ Trust me before reading about them myself i thought the same.
- Eyelash/brow growth serum – I have been doing this most nights before bed. Especially on my brows. Whenever the tweezer of terror makes an appearance and takes half my brow never to be seen again, not exaggerating or anything.. I apply this all over before bed and it speeds up growth, i literally swear by this. Even if it doesn’t work in that way for you, it does leave brows/lashes feeling smooth and conditioned.
- Moisturiser – Vaseline is noncomedogenic, meaning it won’t clog up your pores like everyone fears. It’s thick consistency makes us fear the worst, ahhh free the pores! But no, seriously it is really hydrating. I can’t say i’ve ever used completely all over my face, but on major dry patches during the winter. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour protectant, dupe that shizzle! Got a red, dry sore nose from the dreaded cold from hell? This stuff works like a boss.
- DIY lip scrub – Mix a spoonful of vaseline with some sugar for a softening lip scrub to eliminate dry flaky lips. Voila! Kissable pouters!
- To hide split ends – You can use Vaseline to moisturize and mask damaged hair by smoothing a small amount of over split ends. But just be careful, using too much will turn your locks into a greasy mess, uh oh.
- Make those legs glow – Ever wanted that sexy Victoria’s Secret–model sheen? I gotcha girl! Apply Vaseline over each shin and you’re good to go, watch out Victoria, i know your secret! Why not mix your good old vaseline with an old, cracked bronzer and smooth it over your legs. Oh hello bronzed goddess!
- To prevent tanning disasters – Ever fake tanned the night before needing a glow and woken up with knees, ankles and elbows more orange than an actual orange?! Girl, i got you on this too. Apply vaseline over dryer areas prior to tanning to prevent the tan clinging to them. Vaseline makes a great barrier. For preventing hair dye on your skin too for that fact.
- To prolong perfume – Is it just me or does a girls scent last a few hours yet a guy can go through an apocalypse and still smell of lynx?! Try using vaseline on your wrists and back of your legs to make your perfume last a lot longer. Perfume on the back of your legs you ask? Smell gorgeous with every step you take!
- Makeup remover – Use vaseline with some cotton balls to remove stubborn makeup that just won’t budge. We’ve all been there and it’s frustrating and god damn painful after rubbing your eyes 1000 times.
- Eyeshadow base – Use under eyeshadow for a super gorgeous glossy effect. You pretty thing!
- Highlighter – Use on cheekbones for a glossy glow. Or mix with loose pigment for the ultimate highlight, slay that look girl! Instagram ready.
Lot’s of love