Autumn is one of my fave times of the year, that and winter. It’s when I really come out my shell and embrace the weather and my surroundings. Because I’m literally so obsessed with fall, I thought I’d share with you guys my top ten things I love about this beautiful time of year. Go get yourself a hot chocolate, put on your cosiest pj’s and prepare to get seriously excited for the autumnal vibes!
- Nights get darker – I think one of the best things about autumn is that nights start to slowly get darker quicker. To me that’s a sign Christmas is coming. It means when you finish work / school / college it’s cold, dark and you just can’t wait to walk into your warm home and get into your fluffy onsie and chill. That has to be one of the best feelings EVER!
- Hats, gloves all things cosy come out to play! – Don’t get me wrong I love summer but my heart has to be with autumn and winter when it’s cold, wet and windy. I love to bring out the woolly hats, large warm scarves and cosy gloves. Fall fashion has to be my favourite for that matter. I love chunky tartan scarves with a bobble hat and ankle boots. It looks gorgeous and feels amazing. Who’s with me?!
- HALLOOOWEEEEENNN! – I love Halloween so bloody much. Even though I haven’t dressed up and gone out in a long time, i seriously love the spooky vibes and the ambience. I la la love carving pumpkins and putting a little candle in. Usually I have a little experiment with face paint too, even though I’m shocking. I do love watching all the You tubers create some amazing scary looks though. Especially Shaanxo! Seriously, check her channel out. Amazing.
- Hot chocolates – oh my gosh, autumn isn’t right without a costa or Starbucks in your hand when walking to work or college. Whether it’s a spiced pumpkin latte, white hot chocolate or a luxury hot chocolate with cream, marshmallows the full works. I do love my costa hot chocolates after a long days shopping to pick me up a bit and warm me up. And of course you have to Instagram it, that’s a ritual. Right?
- Walks in the park – I’m going to be moving soon and my flat is a 5 minute walk from the park. I’m seriously excited about this!! I love a stroll in the park when it’s cold, the leaves have fallen and the autumnal colours are all you can see. It’s nice to just relax and have some ‘me’ time. Then of course get hot chocolate. Duh.
- Scented Candles – What is autumn without scented candles though?! I’m defiantly getting older because I get so excited about lighting my candles and reading a book. My faves are always Yankee but Primark and New look do some seriously pretty candles. La la love!
- Fireworks – Of course, who could forget fireworks?! The main event is guy forks night but sometimes there’s a show on Halloween. I think they’re so pretty and spectacular. One way to lift your spirit and just live for the moment. Not forgetting sparklers. Ahh i’m getting so excited.
- Drinking Soup – This one might just be me but I always relate cold weather to drinking soup from a mug whilst wrapped in a snuggly blanket. Nothing relaxes me more to be honest. I love coming in after being in the cold rain and changing into comfy clothes and drinking a warm cup of soup. Bliss.
- Fairy Lights – I always have fairy lights all year round but when it comes to this time of year I go all out on the pretty lights. They make my room so cosy and pretty. You don’t know excitement until you can’t wait to get home, get in bed and turn on the fairy lights. Any one else like this?
- Drinking mulled wine – I know it’s more of a Christmas thing but I like to start early. A glass of mulled wine snuggled on the sofa watching my fave film is how I like to spend my nights. Me and my sister love mulled wine way too much. She stocks up with like 10 bottles. We’re obsessed.
Hope you enjoyed reading and you’re now so in the mood for fall! Don’t forget to comment what you love most about this season.